MetaMask user base has grown 5 times in 6 months

Discussion of the NFT blockchain tenlogy
KrisMor

MetaMask user base has grown 5 times in 6 months

- The number of active MetaMask users has reached 5 million
- The MetaMask user base has increased 5 times in six months.

MetaMask is one of the most popular wallets for interacting with the Ethereum blockchain. It was launched in 2016 and was originally a browser extension. In 2020, its mobile version for iOS and Android was presented.
The company ConsenSys, which is the developer of the wallet, reported that the number of active MetaMask users has exceeded 5 million per month. Active users mean users who interact with the extension at least once every 4 weeks.

According to ConsenSys, the audience of MetaMask users has grown 5 times in 6 months. This impressive result is largely due to the active expansion of the decentralized finance (DeFi) and non-fungible token (NFT) sectors. Back in October, MetaMask had 1 million active users.
ConsenSys also talked about the fact that more and more people are starting to use the MetaMask Swaps function - it allows users to exchange one token for another right inside the wallet.

In terms of the main markets for MetaMask, the largest number of users are from India and Indonesia. ConsenSys also distinguishes Vietnam and Nigeria.

“More and more people are using MetaMask to generate additional income or long-term investments. Many are unable to access the banking system, so they are forced to resort to alternative technologies to preserve their capital, ”says ConsenSys.
Gregori

Re: MetaMask user base has grown 5 times in 6 months

In my opinion, the increase in the flow of people is not even a coincidence, it is just that MetaMask is stable. I really like to work through this wallet, although I am warned that it will be hacked from time to time.
Ilona

Many people do not recommend using MetaMask, referring to the fact that our data can be hacked easier than usual. But oddly enough, not everyone can be intimidated by this. At least MetaMask is very convenient for me. Quite easy to use and does not require anything extra.
Bazyka

yes well, despite all the fears, MetaMask works perfectly and for me personally, pleasantly surprises me with its constancy and stability. But this is the Internet and it is clear that anything can happen.