What is the Decentraland platform

If you want in on the NFT craze, an NFT marketplace is your gateway to participating in the purchase and sale of these digital assets - from art to music to entire virtual worlds. Think of NFT marketplaces as your Amazon of the digital realm.
Arus

What is the Decentraland platform

Decentraland is a virtual world divided into separate territories (areas). The plots are NFT. They can be bought and sold, and they all have a different value depending on the objects located on them. In addition to participants, you can also sell various items, such as game clothes.

A simple Builder tool allows anyone without any technical skills to create scenes, artwork, contests and much more. For more experienced developers, there is an SDK that provides tools for filling the world with social interactions and applications.

What you need to buy land in Decentraland?

Ownership of a piece of virtual land in Decentaland is given by LAND tokens. It is better to buy them in the official Decentraland marketplace. To do this, you need:

Install a cryptocurrency wallet compatible with Decentraland. Through it, users connect to the marketplace and buy land. The developers recommend using the MetaMask, Mist browser wallets or the Ledger hardware wallet to work with the marketplace.
Buy ETH cryptocurrency. It is needed to pay blockchain fees. You can also buy LAND for it on other sites not related to the official Decentraland marketplace. For example, on the NFT marketplace OpenSea.
Buy ERC-20 MANA tokens to buy land. In-game currency. For it, users buy and sell land, clothing for the in-game avatar, and other in-game items. MANA is the main component of the Decentraland economy. At the beginning of March 2021, MANA costs range from 24 to 43 cents. A total of 1.3 billion tokens are in circulation.
Alex_Road

Re: What is the Decentraland platform

I have just started to study this platform and not everything is thoroughly clear to me. But if the site has users of this platform, or at least those who have already studied it. I will be glad if you tell me in more detail, or if you are ready to answer the questions that pop into my head.
This is not from laziness to search for information myself. It's just that everyone has their own opinion and it is more interesting to receive information from this.
DimanBo

I thought again the no-name coin, went to the coinmarket, and there was a trading volume of 15 lemons, tough. It seems to me that the project will be getting better and better, since their coin has already risen well
Gregori

I remember this project from 2017. But then it was rather just an idea about something global. When a person from anywhere in the world can enter the game without having a cool computer. But then he somehow stopped following them. Now it's worth following the project, apparently they managed to realize their ideas, or at least some of them. Less than a month left before the launch of the project.
Dima_master

I understand that you need to invest money to get into this project? And this is somehow not particularly desirable and the amount is decent. I've already come across such projects and now I don't really trust such games.
Leon

Gregori wrote: 11 Jun 2021, 16:57 I remember this project from 2017. But then it was rather just an idea about something global. When a person from anywhere in the world can enter the game without having a cool computer. But then he somehow stopped following them. Now it's worth following the project, apparently they managed to realize their ideas, or at least some of them. Less than a month left before the launch of the project.
Yes, you need to keep an eye on the project, suddenly what happens, there really are prospects. I have been in crypto since 2017, but I have not heard about this coin, most likely because of the sensational bitcoin at that time.
Kirieshek

To be honest, all this is very doubtful, I heard about similar projects, and these are, in general, pyramids, and now I do not even hear about it, but although it was said so.
Deff

Hmm, will you buy these coins? I'm thinking now, and I seem to want to, but it seems to be risky enough
KrisMor

The format of the game itself is very interesting, only basically such games do not pay much, even taking into account your investments, and they all work on the principle of a pyramid, but as I understood from the comments, the project has been working for a long time and it may even be worth studying this issue
Avaya

This is exactly the pyramid and will be, you spend money, and wait until it pays off for months and maybe years, and if you bring a friend, you will get a penny from his investment.